The Latest from the ABM Experts
November 7, 2019
9 ABM Stats from Canam Research to Help You Win More Deals
Written by Joel Garcia
- Sales and marketing alignment improves when marketing is also KPI’d on sales rather than MQLs.
- Deal acceleration is more likely when marketing is engaged throughout the deal lifecycle, including after the SQL is created and the opportunity is open.
- Retention is more likely when marketing is engaged throughout the deal lifecycle, including pre and post-sale.
- Common ABM activities that improve performance include personalized content, account-based ads, and dinners and events.
Terminus recently partnered with Campaign Stars and Canam Research to compile some actionable ABM stats to boost your marketing and sales performance. To look at a more in-depth analysis, you can download the PDF of our ABM Sales and Marketing Performance Trend Report here.
We surveyed approximately 170 sales and marketing professionals* on the topics of marketing and sales alignment, lead quality, account targeting, deal velocity, marketing engagement, and more.
To help you improve the ABM performance of your business in 2020, we’ve analyzed and listed the top 9 ABM statistics from our survey below.
*Survey respondents included CMOs (7%), VPs (7%) Directors (20%), Managers (42%), Marketing Ops (11%), and Strategists (13%).
ABM stats on sales and marketing alignment
1. 70% of respondents that report the highest sales and marketing alignment state that their marketing teams were also KPI’d on sales.
2. Only 24% of ABM practitioners are very confident their sales and marketing teams are aligned.
ABM stats on deal acceleration
3. 73% of respondents who were confident their ABM strategy could accelerate deals said their marketing team is engaged indefinitely, including after an SQL is created and after an opportunity is opened.
4. ABM practitioners who were confident their strategy could successfully accelerate the sales cycle were engaging in the following activities to progress deals:
- 61% Personalized Content, Microsites & Direct Mail
- 47% Account Based Advertising
- 58% Dinners & Events
ABM stats on improving retention
5. 60% of respondents who were confident their ABM strategy could improve renewal rates said their marketing team is engaged indefinitely, from MQL to post-sale.
6. ABM practitioners who were confident their strategy could successfully improve renewal rates were engaging in the following activities to reduce churn:
- 55% Personalized Content, Microsites & Direct Mail
- 55% Account Based Advertising
- 52% Dinners & Events
*The response ”Engaged Indefinitely” included marketing activities post-sale and post-opportunity.
ABM stats on lead quality and account targeting
7. 56% of ABM practitioners state they generate moderate to high quality leads at a reasonable cost.
8. 73% of ABM practitioners who responded that they generated mostly low quality leads were not confident their marketing programs were targeting their ideal customer.
9. Only 50% of ABM practitioners are confident their marketing programs are highly targeted and reaching their ideal customer.
Hopefully the ABM statistics above have helped inform and shape your 2020 ABM strategy. To learn how you can use the Terminus account-based marketing platform to target your ideal customers, generate high quality leads from your target accounts at a reasonable cost, and improve retention and sales velocity, connect with a Terminus or Campaign Stars rep today.