The Latest from the Go-to-Market Experts
May 16, 2017
Introducing the Top 45 ABM Superheroes for 2017
Faster than a mobile-optimized website! More powerful than your CRM! Able to overcome prospects’ objections in a single bound!
Look, up in the sky! It’s a bird! It’s a plane! It’s an ABM Superhero!
For the second year in a row, Terminus is excited to honor 45 account-based marketing (ABM) professionals who consistently blow us away with the amazing feats they and their smarketing teams accomplish.
This powerful league of Superheroes are ABM practitioners that run the gamut from C-suite executives devising the account-based strategies to tactical managers who are responsible for day-to-day activities, such as launching and measuring the success of their marketing campaigns. From this cast of talented Superheroes, we’ve distilled the seven superpowers needed for ABM success. While these marketers may save the day in different ways, they all exemplify the seven ABM superpowers listed below.
With great power comes great responsibility. The 45 ABM Superheroes have shared their secrets for developing each one of these traits, and we’ve pulled them all together into resources to help others become ABM Superheroes in their own right. Learn how to supercharge your ABM now.
1. Assembling a Team of ABM Avengers
“I am the internal destroyer of sales and marketing silos, evangelizing our ABM strategy to everyone in the company — even to the barista at the local coffee shop. Test, measure, fail fast, learn, and then go big!”
2. Gaining ABM Clairvoyance
“My ABM superpower is clairvoyance because I can see into the future to anticipate the tactics we need to use to close deals. Recently, our marketing and sales teams worked together to define our ideal customer profile and identify our top 500 target accounts, and now I’m using my ‘ABM clairvoyance’ to help turn those accounts into customers.”
3. Building an ABM Bat Cave
“ABM is at the core of our go-to-market strategy this fiscal year. Terminus is one of the building blocks of the marketing engine we built — made up of a targeted marketing tech stack — to optimize our spend and drive pipeline velocity and opportunity creation. This new system and approach has led to better sales and marketing alignment, increased brand awareness among our key target accounts, and new marketing-sourced opportunities.”
4. Using Account X-Ray Vision
“Our hyper-aligned sales and marketing ‘micro campaigns,’ run against small account lists with hyper-relevant content and messaging, have moved the needle with account engagement and opportunity creation.”
5. Spinning an ABM Web
“We made major changes on our website, including adding pages personalized to role and industry, ungating case studies, and focusing on consistency of messaging across the site and ads used on different channels. This, combined with highly segmented ads through Terminus, has led to a 150% increase in Diamond enterprise account engagement in about 6 weeks’ time.”
6. Up, Up, & Away with ABM
“Our end-of-quarter ABM campaigns to later stage open opportunities are always fun — especially when we see the hockey stick shape on our bookings reports.”
7. Showing Results of Steel
“My ABM superpower is data-zapping numbers into actionable insights.”
Meet the Top 45 ABM Superheroes of 2017!
- Jen Spencer, Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Allbound
- Jen Dold, Director of Demand Generation at Attivio
- Josh Prost, Director of Digital Marketing at Attivio
- Masha Finkelstein, Director, Demand Generation at BetterWorks
- Sol Weinreich, Sr. Manager, Demand Gen at Conductor
- Nate Hurst, Manager, Account Based Marketing at Domo
- Laurel Ackerman, Digital Demand Marketer at Dynatrace
- Scott MacGregor, Marketing Operations and GTM Technology Manager at FINCAD
- Jon-Eric Cornellier, Senior Marketing Manager at Fortegra
- Sarah Brizendine, Demand Generation Manager at GoSpotCheck
- Bryant Lau, Sr. Digital Marketing Manager at Highspot
- Joe Chernov, VP of Marketing at InsightSquared
- Jackie Shydlowski, Director, Account-Based Marketing at InsightSquared
- Peter R. Garza, Vice President, Modern Marketing at InTouch Health, Inc.
- Julia Stead, Sr Director, Demand Generation at Invoca
- Lisa Skinner, Vice President, Demand Generation at Localytics
- Lynsay Russell, Sr. Global Marketing Operations Manager at Medtronic
- Jeff Rummer, Director, Global Marketing Operations at Medtronic
- Amanda Rusek, Marketing Manager at Micro Focus
- Joe Quinn, Account Based Marketing Section Manager at National Instruments
- Jennifer Kuhns, Senior Marketing Manager at Nuance Communications
- Rachael Hoerauf, Online Marketing at NetSuite
- Deniz Dondero, Senior Marketing Manager, Digital & Campaigns at NetSuite
- Aditi Karandikar, Director, Demand Generation & Marketing Ops at Panasas Inc.
- Bassem Hamdy, EVP Marketing and Enterprise Strategy at Procore
- Cynthia Stephens, VP Marketing, Global at Profitero
- Nisha Ramachandran, Head of Americas Digital Marketing at Pure Storage
- Regina Soller-Gould, Sr. Manager, Enterprise Field Marketing at Pure Storage
- Michael Walsh, Director, Digital Marketing at Rosetta Stone
- Jim Hopkins, Sr. Product Marketing Manager at Salesforce
- Aaron Patrick Doherty, Sr Mgr, Demand Generation at Salsify
- Jenny Coupe, Vice President, Customer Acquisition at SOASTA
- Renold Liu, Director of Marketing at Speed Shift Media
- Jana Lass, Director of Marketing at Talena Inc.
- Stephanie Kelly, Director of Account-Based Marketing at Terminus
- Rob Israch, CMO at Tipalti
- David Moore, Demand Generation Manager at TrendKite
- Randy Frisch, CMO & President at Uberflip
- Kristen Wendel, Director Marketing Operations at VersionOne
- Peter K. Herbert, VP Marketing at VersionOne
- Jodi Lebow, Director, Demand Generation at VersionOne
- Tyler Lessard, VP Marketing at Vidyard
- Avi Bhatnagar, Director, Digital Marketing & Strategy at WhiteHat Security
- Beth McCullough, Director, Demand Generation at WhiteHat Security
- Mike Sanchez, Sr. Director, Global Enterprise Sales at WP Engine
Congratulations to all our ABM Superheroes and their smarketing teams!