The Latest from the ABM Experts
March 4, 2019
Announcing LinkedIn’s Official Account Based Marketing Foundations Course, Powered by TEAM
Written by Sangram Vajre
Hi there, Sangram here.
Very excited today to announce the release of Terminus ABM courses on LinkedIn Learning, hosted by none other than yours truly. If you’re looking for a comprehensive introduction to account-based marketing, look no further!
Two years ago, I published the first book on account-based marketing, to meet a growing gap in the market between the theoretical ABM talked about by thought leaders, and the guidance practitioners actually needed to drive day-to-day ABM in practice.
After two years of digging in with hundreds of practicing B2B marketers, our approach to account-based marketing has evolved dramatically. We’re humbled that this hard work brought LinkedIn and I together to release a first-of-its-kind introductory account based marketing class, available to anyone with a LinkedIn Learning subscription. If you don’t have one already, or through your company, they also offer a free 30-day trial, which is plenty of time to work through my course and a few others. 🙂
The course is available NOW on LinkedIn Learning for users with a LinkedIn Learning membership (though you can preview a few chapters for free).
What’s in the course?
Account-Based Marketing Foundations covers the basics of ABM through the lense of the TEAM framework, which we believe is the easiest, most practitioner-oriented way to start and scale account-based practices.
The course covers:
- How ABM has changed the game for B2B marketers.
- How to determine whether ABM can solve your pressing demand challenges.
- The TEAM Framework (Target, Engage, Activate, and Measure)
- Descriptive, results-focused case studies from real companies practicing TEAM-based ABM
Why TEAM-based ABM?
ABM isn’t just one tactic or tool, and it’s not a temporary, short-term fix. At Terminus we believe that account-based strategies are the best way to evolve your organization toward better alignment, data-driven practices, and maximally efficient revenue growth.
But that’s a pretty big undertaking. So we’ve introduced the TEAM framework to help simplify your ABM pilots and scaled programs, and keep you focused on results.
When you break ABM down, it’s all about four core activities:
- Targeting accounts that are best fit and in market
- Engaging them with surround-sound messaging across multiple channels
- Activating sales at critical moments in the journey, with the data they need to reach out with relevance
- Measuring what matters, not just vanity metrics
My course starts with the TEAM framework because it gives you a grounding in all of the essentials of ABM. Once you understand the TEAM approach at a high level, you can start implementing account-based practices as a dedicated pilot program, or as an integral part of everything you do.
Who should take the course?
This course is great for anyone with a B2B marketing background who wants to better understand how to build a comprehensive LinkedIn account based marketing program. It’s focused on providing an overall framework, and a few simple steps to get started with ABM and – most importantly – to see results quickly.
Preview of the Table of Contents:
Chapter 1: Target
- Creating your ideal customer profile
- Building a 360-degree account view
- Creating target account lists
Chapter 2: Engage
- Creating meaningful engagement models
- Communicating authentically in ABM
- Orchestrating multichannel campaigns
Chapter 3: Activate
- Activating sales with data and insights
Chapter 4: Measure
- Measuring the new B2B funnel
- Reporting to your C-Suite and board
- Forecasting your ABM pipeline