The Latest from the ABM Experts
February 6, 2016
Flipping Funnels Weekly: Account-Based Marketing Isn’t The Death of Anything
Written by Sangram Vajre
Category: Account-Based Marketing
[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”][fusion_text]
With the #FlipMyFunnel Roadshow just 3 weeks away, we wanted the theme of this roundup to be “challenging the status quo”. We started off with busting the myth that account-based marketing (ABM) is the death of inbound or outbound marketing. The next three pieces break from your regular blog post format as we share a summary of a recent Heinz Marketing webinar and a list of the leading ABM influencers. We follow up those up with a cheat sheet on selecting your target accounts. The Death of The Decision Maker wraps up this week’s roundup, as we look at how we must change our marketing as companies change their purchasing structure. Check out all of our great articles now!
Every day we hear of how ABM is going to replace your B2B marketing strategy as the way companies create demand for their product, and this can’t be further from the truth. In this article by Adam New-Waterson, we learn how ABM doesn’t replace these marketing strategies but rather work with them to make your marketing team stronger than ever.
- Inbound marketing is about earning people’s attention through great content. This principle is still useful when applied to ABM. It can help you foster amazing relationships with the people you’re marketing to.
- Content marketing isn’t going anywhere. In fact, ABM means you need more content, not less.
Account-Based Marketing isn’t going to be the death of any, one tactic. Instead, it’s another tool to use in your arsenal.
[Tweet “#ABM needs to be a part of the Marketing Mix -@RevTechCMO #FlipMyFunnel”]
If you happened to miss the webinar that Integrate and Heinz Marketing hosted, then we have the perfect gift for you. We have the slides from the webinar that will help you learn more about how ABM can help your company increase its pipeline velocity and bring better marketing and sales alignment.
- 84% of companies believe that ABM provides significant benefits for retaining and expanding current client relationships.
- Companies using ABM generate 208% more revenue for their marketing effort.
When analyzing data, engagement among targeted accounts is the immediate goal while revenue attribution is the long term goal.
[Tweet “The key focus of #ABM is engagement by the right people in target accounts #FlipMyFunnel”]
I’ve yet to see an article that list the best thought leaders in the ABM industry, but that’s exactly what Bizible gives us with 23 Account-Based Marketing Leaders to Follow on Twitter. See if your favorite marketer made the list!
B2B account-based marketing is the process of identifying target accounts and proactively getting your message in front of all influencers within that target company
[Tweet “The new hot term within marketing is #ABM and for good reason! #FlipMyFunnel”]
Selecting target accounts is the first step in implementing ABM into your current marketing mix. Because the process is so important, it’s often very time-consuming. Luckily for us, Triblio gave us a great article on how to quickly select the accounts. After this article, you’ll be engaging your key decision makers in no time.
- Choose Accounts by the field selection options on the form
- Find out how sales teams are organized
- Choose target accounts from clues on a website
- Marketing automation segmentation is the final clue
Selecting target accounts is the most important part of ABM
[Tweet “Selecting target accounts is the most important part of #ABM -@jasondjue #FlipMyFunnel”]
The title is a little misleading, especially when we just said ABM isn’t the death of anything, but hear me out. This article explains how the decision maker has been replaced by a group. It’s now marketing’s job to get content in front of this group of people as opposed to one person. There’s no better way to do it than with ABM!
- ABM is structured approach for navigating a complex purchase funnel and an array of stakeholders, engaging and convincing all of them to reach a purchase decision together.
- Data is crucial. Marketing professionals and sales development reps (SDRs) are far more effective in the sales arena armed with robust account data and relevant messages.
Structuring sales-marketing alignments around the target account list is the key for success and return on investment.
[Tweet “Personalized content is crucial if you want to connect with stakeholders #FlipMyFunnel”]
We can’t wait to see you at #FlipMyFunnel in San Francisco. Check out the event page to learn more about our speakers and view the agenda. Join us maybe?
Register today and save your 50% off your ticket with promo code FMFBLOG50
Learn more about ABM and the T.E.A.M. account based marketing framework:
- Target – Create a target account list for ABM
- Engage – Account based advertising
- Activate – Account based sales enablement tools
- Measure – Account based analytics
See the full Terminus account based marketing platform.
Check out some account based marketing examples.
Learn more about account based marketing services.
Terminus: an account based marketing software company.