The Latest from the ABM Experts
January 11, 2017
Flipping Funnels Weekly: Always Be Learning
Written by Brianna Watts
Category: FlipMyFunnel Post
Over the past year, we’ve come to realize that winning at B2B marketing, sales, and customer success is about so much more than technology. It’s about creating a strategy that involves the entire organization challenging the status quo to create an amazing customer experience. The tools simply enable the strategy. This week’s roundup is dedicated to those tools and resources that will help you level up your approach to a winning 2017!
Every marketer has a list of pain points and accurate and useful data is usually near the top. With the Customer Data Platform Institute, founder David Raab has dedicated this organization to educate marketers and marketing technologists about how Customer Data Platforms can solve critical marketing data needs.
- What is a customer data platform? The customer data platform (CDP) is marketer-managed system that creates a persistent, unified customer database that is accessible to other systems. CDPs apply specialized technologies and pre-built processes that are tailored precisely to meet marketing data needs. This allows a faster, more efficient solution than general purpose technologies that try to solve many problems at once.
- Once a member, activities include publishing of educational materials, news about industry developments, creation of best practice guides and benchmarks, a directory of industry vendors, and an online forum.
[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”][Tweet “The customer data platform (CDP) is a marketer-managed created by @draab”]
Job titles, positions, and roles are constantly evolving as technology continues to get sharper and more efficient. MarketingOps.com was created by Dave Rigotti, VP of Marketing at Bizible, as a way to build a community for elite marketing operations professionals to share their experiences and best practices.
- The purpose of MarketingOps.com is to educate, support, connect, and represent the growing marketing operations ecosystem.
- Membership is free and includes access to marketing operations job board, meet-ups and events.
[Tweet “MarketingOps.com is to educate and support the marketing ops community @drigotti”]
3) Six Bricks
Tagged as an online education platform “built by marketers for marketers”, Six Bricks focuses on bridging the gap between what students want to know and what potential employers need them to know. Curriculum is based on real-world practical marketing knowledge and the instructors are marketers with years of experience.
- Companies like Forbes, Marketo, Swift and Comcast Spotlight trust Six Bricks-certified marketers.
- Registration is free and gives you access to over 3,000 marketing professionals and their network and support.
[Tweet “Companies like @forbes @marketo trust @sixbricksedu”]
Account-based marketing (ABM) has spread like wildfire and quickly shown that it’s here to stay. Advocates of this “new” approach to the flipped funnel credit ABM with allowing them to drive revenue growth and deliver successful targeted and personalized campaigns. Classes are now live and accepting students.
- Account-Based Marketing University students will have access to an online, self-paced course taught by some of the top thought-leaders and practitioners in ABM. With more 40 thought-leader videos, 250 lessons, and a comprehensive final exam offering certification in account-based marketing, #ABMU students can expect a fully immersive and actionable learning experience that will drive results.
- ABMU professors include Craig Rosenberg, Koka Sexton, Julia Stead, Lincoln Murphy, and many more!
[Tweet “ABMU is 1st of its kind for #ABM practitioners #flipmyfunnel”]
No marketing organization or department can function properly without an engaged and qualified leader. As a bonus, we’ve included Seth Godin’s altMBA, an intense four-week online leadership and management workshop. The program was founded in 2015 and has included students from over 27 countries worldwide.
- Each session of the workshop requires students to participate in individual and group work and publish the results of their projects on the public altMBA website.
- The spring 2017 class runs from April 24 – May 23, 2017 and admission is by application only.