The Latest from the ABM Experts
February 22, 2016
Flipping Funnels Weekly: B2B Marketers Have an Opportunity with Account-Based Marketing
Written by Sangram Vajre
Category: Account-Based Marketing
This week’s round-up comes just 3 days before #FlipMyFunnel hits San Francisco for our sold out account-based marketing (ABM) and sales roadshow! We are excited to challenge the status quo of B2B Marketing and this week’s round-up shows it. We start with the ABM checklist you need to bring perfect marketing and sales alignment. After getting ready to become an ABM hero, we move to learning best practices on to building your target account list. We finally wrap it up with a fun ABM quiz to test your teams knowledge of marketing and sales alignment. Check them out below!
This week’s round-up starts off with a must read account-based marketing article from B2C. In this article, Kelly Waffle does a great job at using a sinking ship metaphor to show how ABM can help your marketing team reach “smoother water”. Use this checklist to see where you can improve your teams chance at navigating the waters!
- Make sure that your marketing strategy is charted out. There are a few different directions you can go with Account-Based Marketing.
- ABM is a long term commitment, everyone has to be in it for the long haul to be effective and see the results.
ABM can be an extremely profitable voyage or it can be a costly shipwreck, it all depends on the level of planning, preparation, and focus.
[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”][Tweet “Metrics for #ABM are different from other forms of marketing #FlipMyFunnel”]
In this article by Alyson Stone, we look into the how ABM affects both the marketing and sales teams. By exploring the sales perspective on marketing’s involvement in the sales process, it helps us become more familiar with their needs. This article helps us move towards perfect marketing and sales alignment.
- You can supply buyer-centric content that speaks to their specific challenges and pains; and you can do this at scale thanks to ABM!
- With the right marketing process, you match relevant content to these prospects at the time they need it in the buying process
The account-based movement is truly gaining steam in 2016. It is not a fad. It is the right way to think about your go-to-market strategy.
[Tweet “ABM relies on sales and marketing alignment #FlipMyFunnel”]
Markistry does a great job at breaking down how the way that we segment our possible customers have changed with the digital age. Check out this article to learn how B2B marketers can use the information that the internet gives us to find and target our ideal customer.
- In an account-based marketing segmentation strategy, the overall definition of the segment should be based the needs and goals of the business.
- B2B marketers need to follow an account-based marketing segmentation strategy and focus on an account, not an individual customer.
Account-based marketing provides marketers with the ability to send their sales teams the type of fully qualified leads that will actually help them build and grow their accounts, which is much more valuable than handing them a random lead that downloaded a whitepaper
[Tweet “ABM challenges the status quo of B2B Marketing #FlipMyFunnel”]
In this LinkedIn post by Madison Logic’s Nicholas Price, we explore how B2B marketers can use ABM to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their marketing plan. Check out this article to learn what goes into executing a successful ABM plan.
- Account-based marketing works best when sales and marketing can come together and take a big picture approach.
- This new relationship with sales and marketing departments will help to reach prospects and leads at the right time in the marketing funnel with relevant content.
Account-based marketing allows B2B marketers to build relationships with target audiences through campaigns and content.
[Tweet “#ABM requires teamwork in order to focus on quality over quantity #FlipMyFunnel”]
Check out this fun, quick ABM quiz to see if you’re ready to become an ABM hero! Thank you for all of the support and we look forward to seeing you in San Francisco for the largest ABM conference ever!
[Tweet ” Are you an ABM Expert? http://bit.ly/1QwQgKK #FlipMyFunnel”]
For early access to future #FlipMyFunnel Events and special VIP Discounts, sign up fo the #FlipMyFunnel VIP Club Today!
Learn more about ABM and the T.E.A.M. account based marketing framework:
- Target – Create a target account list for ABM
- Engage – Account based advertising
- Activate – Account based sales enablement tools
- Measure – Account based analytics
See the full Terminus account based marketing platform.
Check out some account based marketing examples.
Learn more about account based marketing services.
Terminus: an account based marketing software company.