1. 5 Tips For Implementing Account Based Marketing
In this article, by Beth Negus Viveiros, Managing Editor, we learn about key tactics needed to implement your account-based marketing plan. The article explains specifically how to use both your marketing and sales team to help accelerate the pipeline.
- Account-based marketing looks at an account throughout the funnel and beyond; including decision makers, end users, and influencers.
- Making sure that you have the proper analytics in place will give you a good picture of the personas of the companies that you target through ABM.
“Executives will interact with unsolicited content, if it is super relevant to their business”
Jon Miller, CEO and co-founder of Engagio
2. Using Intent Data to Enhance Account-Based Marketing
In this article written by Nick Price, a writer for Madison Logic, tells us how intent data can help marketers better target key decision makers within an organization. Knowing Specific data on how the customer responded to your content can help you decide their role in the buying center and how influential they may be in the organization.
- First party, intent data shows exactly what a potential customer is interested in. These insights can help serve relevant, personalized content more efficiently than ever before.
- With a combination of real-time ad buying, IP-based identification, and now intent data; ABM is an innovative, targeted, real-time marketing technique.
“Intent data defines those who are influencers and decision makers. Intent is a more accurate indicator of influence than job titles or departments”
Tom Koletas, SVP Advertising Programs at Madison Logic
3. G2 Crowd Wins The Race on Creating The First Account-Based Marketing Category
G2 Crowd in partnership with Terminus recently won the race to create the first account-based marketing (ABM) category. This article, by Sangram Vajre, co-founder & CMO of Terminus, explains how ABM as a whole has made a significant stride through this recognition.
- Terminus was the leader in helping identify companies to include in the category. The companies included in the list were a combination of predictive and prescriptive ABM companies.
- You can view the complete list of companies that G2Crowd recognized in their account-based marketing category here.
“We genuinely feel that the recognition for the category is more important than recognition of any single company,”
Sangram Vajre, co-founder & CMO of Terminus
4. How to Cut Through the Noise with Account-Based Marketing
In this article by Justin Gray, CEO of myleadmd.com, we are taken through how account-based marketing can help accelerate the pipeline. By cutting through the noise and targeting important decision makers with personalized advertisements you allow your brand to stand out among the thousands of other advertisements that these executives come across daily.
- Interrupt Marketing doesn’t work in the age of hyper-customization. We’ve moved to a place where we’re now starting to tailor the information we consume, allowing us to engage decision makers on their terms.
- To thrive in ABM, you have to take that hyper-personalized approach. It’s all about crafting a relevant message based on actions your target has already taken.
“So, it pays for savvy marketers and sales professionals to stop playing the game of “new channel whack-a-mole.” Instead adopt an “everywhere, but for a few” mindset that allows you to truly develop personalized interactions.”
Justin Gray, CEO of myleadmd.com
5. The Evolution Of Account-Based Marketing
In this article written by Meaghan Sullivan, Vice President of Global Channel Marketing at SAP, we explore the evolution of account-based marketing as well as the future of the growing category. Sullivan highlights the three main focus areas of ABM; New account acquisition, account nurturing, and account growth.
- Although account-based marketing began as a new account acquisition strategy, many find its greatest strengths in nurturing accounts and accelerating pipeline.
- Account-based marketing gives your marketing and sales teams a complete picture of organizational structures of the company, which is often more than the company knows about itself.
“ABM transforms marketing and product development. It helps you understand your clients and what they are trying to achieve. With that understanding, you can identify the organizational processes that are no longer productive.”
Meaghan Sullivan, Vice President of Global Channel Marketing at SAP
Learn more about ABM and the T.E.A.M. account based marketing framework:
- Target – Create a target account list for ABM
- Engage – Account based advertising
- Activate – Account based sales enablement tools
- Measure – Account based analytics
See the full Terminus account based marketing platform.
Check out some account based marketing examples.
Learn more about account based marketing services.
Terminus: an account based marketing software company.