The Latest from the ABM Experts
May 11, 2016
#CNX16: A Successful Day 1 and Ready for Day 2
Written by Dan Hanrahan
Please excuse my typos. Not because I’m sending from my mobile (by the way…please consider removing that from your email signature :)) but because I might have had too good of a time last night. 3 hours of sleep…but a big smile on my face.
Opportunity. Salesforce Connections day 2 is getting started. I feel like day 1 ended a few minutes ago. Much obliged Stevie Wonder, Meehan’s Irish Pub, Gibney’s Irish Pub (are you sensing a theme here?).
For the 8 of us here from Sigstr, there is literally no place in the world we’d rather be.
- Marketers create leverage by building incredible brands and creating useful content.
- There are 5,000 of the world’s smartest digital marketers in Atlanta.
So for me, and for Sigstr, you might as well try to get 20 hours out of every day here. On day 1 alone:
- We met inspiring marketers from places like Uber, Veeva, Capital One, Pearson Education, Cox Automotive, and Donatos (my child pizza joint in Columbus, OH).
- Received product roadmap input from our brilliant customers at Salesforce Marketing Cloud. That’s advice we’ll take to heart! Thank you.
- Learned from thought leaders from places like Appirio, Litmus, and Pardot.
3 hours later, the expo hall is waking up to Jimi Hendrix pumping on the sound system. It’s what happened in Indy at the ExactTarget Connections events (anyone remember 3am at Steak and Shake – thanks Scott Dorsey!)
In my first job out of college, I worked for a hard charging bulldog, Ryan Hasbrook, at a two man startup called Brooksource (now hundreds of employees and a Salesforce customer). I learned that many of the best opportunities happen at Irish pubs after midnight. I also learned that the other best opportunities happen at 7am the next morning.
“If you’re a man (or woman) by night, you’re a man (or woman) by day,” was what Ryan told me.
As a 22 year old, that meant an opportunity to jumpstart my career. Today, if I leave my family for 72 hours, you better believe I’m going to find the opportunity. With this many smart marketers in one place, one conversation can change everything.
Come say hi and see some professional email signature examples. Our team rocks, and you’ll be happy to know them.
#CNX165 day 2. Let’s go.