The Latest from the Go-to-Market Experts
April 29, 2020
Terminus Acquires Ramble to Power Account-Based Chat
Category: Product Updates
Last week, the latest annual MarTech Landscape Supergraphic was released. It was bigger than ever, with over 8,000 marketing technologies listed growing nearly 14% last year. As my team and I build the future of marketing technology, two things are clear:
- That’s just too much tech and an endless list of APIs making technologies talk can’t provide elegant and measurable outcomes.
- Budgets will tighten and, right behind it, tech stacks will shrink or consolidate.
It’s been over 15 years since the advent of marketing automation and not a lot has changed– including MAPs ability to deliver on the needs of modern sales and marketing teams who are old pros at ‘inbound’ methodologies but are more interested in driving proactive and predictable growth through account-based practices. Terminus is on a mission to deliver a single, all-encompassing solution to those teams.
That’s why I’m so excited to announce that Terminus has acquired account-based chat solution, Ramble.
By now, no one needs convincing that chat is more powerful than forms. Data shows websites with sales chat enjoy an 82% increase in conversations over those without it and a 256% increase in outbound email response rate. There are a lot of terrific chat solutions offered by companies and today, officially, Terminus is one of them. Among all current account based marketing solutions, Terminus is the first and only platform to offer account-based chat.
Darryl Prail, CMO of VanillaSoft, said it best:
“Our team has seen incredible success using Ramble to engage with target accounts and immediately route them to the appropriate team member at VanillaSoft,” said Darryl Praill, CMO of VanillaSoft. “Having used another chat solution previously, we’ve found Ramble to be foundational to our ABM strategy, rather than being tacked on. I’m excited by this acquisition and at the prospect of having a single solution for our entire engagement strategy.”
Unlike other ABM solutions or chat solutions that were built as chat solutions first and later had account-based marketing capabilities shoehorned in, Ramble was built from the ground up with modern ABX in mind. That’s what has me so excited about this acquisition – the DNA of Ramble is so similar to Terminus’ that we will be able to seamlessly integrate chat into Terminus to instantly connect website visitors with the responsible relationship owner.
Specifically, adding Ramble to the Terminus platform will enable:
- Customers to add on-page chat capabilities as more buyers prefer to bypass forms in favor of chatting with someone directly.Instant, precise routing of conversations so that visitors can engage with the most relevant individuals that own a given relationship.
- The ability for sales, customer support, and marketing to directly engage with visitors from anywhere, via browser or mobile app.
- Chatbots and workflows that provide lead qualification and data collection autonomously.
- The ability to connect marketing’s various advertising and brand activities directly to sales conversations from a single platform.
Trust that our team is hard at work, combining Sigstr, Ramble, and Terminus into a seamless single solution that modern revenue teams need to drive growth through every part of their funnels. I haven’t been more excited for the future of Terminus than I am right now, and I’m grateful to all of our customers for their support and guidance as we build the most complete B2B marketing solution out there.
For more details, check out the press release.