Contacts don’t matter!
Well…in account-based marketing (ABM) world, they don’t matter as much as engagement does. Check out this quick explanation on why ABM success relies on engagement, not just contacts. Send me a Tweet at @sangramvajre with your thoughts!
- Most companies are measuring success in terms of leads.
- They want to see e-books, webinars, events…some people still buy leads, can you believe that?
[Tweet “”Some people still buy leads, can you believe that?” – @sangramvajre #FlipMyFunnel”]
- We’re all trying to go figure out how many more contacts an we get from a given company/particular account or leads in general
- The better way to this option is to focus on accounts.
- When you think about accounts, you’re thinking about engagement as the major way that you’ll see success.
- Ask yourself these questions:
- Are we getting more demos from that accounts?
- Are we creating new opportunities from that company?
- Are we engaging more decision makers?
- Why is this important?
- Expansion is one of the key phases of the flipped funnel – that means, there are more decision makers in the decision making process. YOU NEED TO ENGAGE ALL OF THEM.
[Tweet “”When you think about accounts, you’re thinking about engagement as the major way that you’ll see success.” – @sangramvajre #FlipMyFunnel”]
- Once you get the right coverage and level of engagement, it’s time to consider the movement of these accounts.
- Are they converting?
- Are they progressing to the next step?
- Do they have velocity?
By focusing on just contacts (that come from leads), you’re missing out on maybe 7-10 people out of the decision-making process. Focus on account-based marketing by focusing on engagement, not just contacts.