Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs more than 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2020 were $7.0 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
Who you are: We’re looking for a commercially-driven, savvy marketer to help us drive and grow Account-Based Engagement within Avery Dennison Apparel Solutions. Are you a collaborator at heart? Do you thrive in a cross-functional environment, leveraging key strengths and expertise of diverse teams to achieve growth? At Avery Dennison Apparel Solutions, we are beginning to establish an Account-Based Engagement approach to leverage our largest accounts. The individual in this role will have specialized expertise in marketing, and apply their knowledge to drive account-based outcomes, for instance, new product sales at existing accounts or new divisions. While this is a new process for our team, we are looking for individuals who can go beyond the day-to-day to help us define and scale this operation. Starting with one account, we’re looking for a take-charge individual who wants to dig in, define and grow the program at Avery Dennison. The ideal candidate will have account-based marketing experience, be entrepreneurial at heart, and balance creative ideas with data-grounded strategies.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work hand-in-hand with our sales, product, and customer teams to develop cross-functional strategies to grow high-value accounts and meet key account goals
- Translate sales objectives (both opportunity-based and relationship-based) into objectives and project plans for marketing support
- Know your customer inside and out, serve as a fount of knowledge for the account and marketing teams
- Develop seamless, integrated and personalized campaigns that leverage these customer insights
- Work with content and brand teams to leverage existing materials and adapt them to your unique account’s needs
- Execute a bespoke content distribution plan to get this content in front of the right audiences at your accounts
- Leverage our breadth of digital channels and tools to augment traditional offline sales efforts and improve business results
- Create an end-to-end performance measurement system for accounts (reporting on engagement, pipeline, revenue and retention)
- Develop reusable tactics, methodologies and frameworks that can be leveraged as we grow the ABE function
- 5-7 years in field marketing, key account-based marketing, demand gen, business development or account management experience in a dynamic, fast-paced, demanding professional environment
- Collaborative in nature, with experience working in cross-functional teams and a proven track record of partnership with sales
- A passion for marketing and creativity balanced with a commercially-driven mindset
- Strong understanding of marketing automation capabilities and digital marketing channels and tactics
- Outstanding copywriting skills and stellar verbal and written communication
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative customer research
- Avid learner who prefers to formulate a hypothesis before asking someone else for the answer
- Agility is key — you can think on your feet and adapt well to a quickly changing environment
- Highly motivated, self-starter with entrepreneurial mindset: we are a large organization building a new function and expertise.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.