Sangram Vajre kicked off the fifth #FlipMyFunnel account-based marketing conference today.
Sangram Vajre has been busy since he first unveiled his version of the account-based marketing funnel. The very first #FlipMyFunnel Conference in Atlanta outranked Kim Kardashian on Twitter. Since then, he has written Account-Based Marketing for Dummies and hosted #FlipMyFunnel events in Boston, Chicago, and San Francisco. And now, the #FlipMyFunnel Festival is going down in Austin.
— Deana Goldasich (@goldasich) June 7, 2016
Why did Sangram Vajre start #FlipMyFunnel for account-based marketing?
— Becca May (@BeccaAnne_May) June 7, 2016
- Less than 1% of leads turn into customers. – Forrester Research
- Less than 2% of cold calls result in appointments. – LeadJob
- In B2B, an average of 7 people are involved in most buying decisions. – Gartner
- Close to 50% of B2B marketers want to measure pipeline velocity and revenue as the key metrics. – #FlipMyFunnel
The old B2B marketing and sales funnel hasn’t been challenged for more than 15 years.
The old success metrics are vanity metrics, such as content downloads, open rates, and marketing qualified leads (MQLs). Do these people actually care about what your company is doing? It’s time to challenge the status quo of B2B marketing and sales. We must think about our best-fit prospects and customers.
It’s all about reaching the right contacts in accounts on their own terms
Account-based marketing helps B2B marketers get laser-focused, putting your time, energy, and resources on your best-fit accounts instead of wasting money on traditional lead generation.
B2B marketers can only create advocates if they know who these contacts are, and that all starts with identifying best-fit accounts. Account-based marketing truly represents the future of the B2B industry. The statistics, customer success stories, and recognition in the B2B martech landscape clearly indicate that account-based marketing is the future, and #FlipMyFunnel is the solution.
There’s much more to come today from #FlipMyFunnel. Here’s how to stay in-the-know:
- Follow Terminus and #FlipMyFunnel on Twitter.
- Join the #FlipMyFunnel VIP Club for free.
- Download the #FlipMyFunnel e-book to learn how to identify, expand, engage, and advocate — account-based marketing style.